NEW PRICING EMAIL US ATCGSAVIATION.DANNY @GMAIL.COM
Hawk Arrow II
147 sq. ft
Rate of Climb
For first time builder
|SLSA ELSA AND AULA
The Hawk Arrow II is our two-seater offered in kit form, to be built as an Amateur-Built Experimental or ELSA aircraft in the U.S. or AULA in Canada and the rest of the World. The long streamlined cockpit area has a flat floor, and a low sloping windshield that gives unobstructed forward visibility. The large vertical tail balances the long nose, which yields excellent yaw stability. The Arrow II wing has a semi-symmetrical airfoil, and streamlined extruded aluminum wing struts. All Hawks incorporate a curved front spar carry-through, allowing for ample head room, even for taller pilots.
The rear seat is higher than the front seat, so the field of vision of the passenger or instructor in the rear seat is less obstructed. Flaps (not flaperons!) are standard equipment on all Hawks, and are very effective in increasing climb rate and decreasing landing distance. At the heart of the Hawk's unique design is its curved boom tube. The curved boom allows the horizontal stabilizer to be placed above the down-wash of the wing, especially when flaps are deployed. Another benefit of the curve is short landing gear legs, which makes it easier to get in and out of your plane. The curved boom is stronger in torsion than a straight boom, and allows the airplane to rotate for takeoffs and landings without banging the tail on the ground.
The Arrow II incorporates tandem seating rather than side by side. Advantages of tandem over side-by-side include:
- Airframe with curved windshield, sharper slope of nose for improved visibility
- 3-Position Wing Flaps (not flaperons)
- Dual 3-Axis Control
- Full fuselage pilot surround (roll cage)
- Strengthened tail boom, and streamlined wing struts
- Heavy duty wings with 3” dia. leading edge and 2” dia. trailing edge
- Shoulder Harnesses and seat belts
- Larger vertical stabilizer and rudder
- Heavy duty wings (FACTORY PRE BUILT)
- Curved overhead carry through increases head room by 3”
- All control surfaces (FACTORY PRE BUILT) (flaps, ailerons, rudder, vertical stab, horizontal stab, & elevator)
- Heavy duty fiberglass landing gear legs
- Your choice – tail dragger with steerable tail wheel or tricycle/steerable nosewheel
- Rough terrain wheels - 16" x 6.5" x 6"
- Streamlined Struts - aluminum
- Streamlined landing gear fairings
- 10 US gallon (37.9 liter / 8.3 imp. gal) fuel tank (wing tanks and header tank standard in ELSA AULA)
- Anodized Tubing(For combining with covering package and engine packages listed below) AMATEUR $11,995.00ELSA, AULA includes wingtanks, elevator trim,folding tail. ELSA (IN U.S.)$27,995.00ROTAX 582 WITH AEROLUX 3 BLADE PROP BASIC INSTRUMENTS AULA $26,995.00
Due to constant cost fluctuations, all engine packages will be priced at the time a written order is received. Please contact us for a quote prior to placing your order.ENGINE PACKAGE INCLUDED IN ELSA AND AULA PRICE
Rotax 582 Package (65 HP)
Includes engine, gearbox, radiator package,Aerolux three blade prop, electric start, throttle assembly, motor mounts, muffler mounts, miscellaneous hardware and brackets.Call for quote on Amateur kit. Included in ELSA AULA
Special Options Fast-build kit, requires only 150 hours to complete (for first time builder) $4,500.00 For a Ready-to-fly Two Place please see our Hawk SLSA and ELSA Special crating for fast-build kit market Amphibious and standard Float Systems available. Call for details
- Wing tank kit, 10 US gal total (5 gal per side) (37.9 liter / 8.3 imp. gal total).
- Includes 2 tanks, hoses, fittings, sump tank, mounting brackets, straps, etc.
- INCLUDED ON ELSA AULA
$495.00 Wheel pants (pants only), Set of 3 $395.00 Wheel pants (pants only), Set of 2 $295.00 Wheel pants mounting kit $50.00 Fiberglass Nose Cone-adds 3-4 mph to top speed, provides streamlined appearance INCLUDED IN ELSA AULA $250.00
All domestic kits shipped via truck line are subject to a crating charge per kit. Orders which are picked up at the factory are not subject to the crating charge.