SLSA & ELSA
What Light Sport was Meant to Be.
Arrow II SLSA is
our factory-built model, based on our proven popular
CGS Hawk Arrow
II. Since 1992
the Arrow II
has been used for two
place training and recreational flying. Now, with the Light Sport
Aircraft rules in the U.S., our SLSA is the economical option for
flight training or fun flying.
- Our Hawk Arrow II ELSA
is the same airplane as the SLSA, except certified as an experimental
aircraft. What this means is, while the aircraft cannot be used for
compensation or hire (flight training),
it can be delivered in any state of completion, from a full kit to a
ready-to-fly craft. You can perform all your own maintenance,
and you can also take a 16 hour class, and be certificated as a Light
Repairman with an Inspection rating. With this rating you can perform
the condition inspections (annuals) yourself. If you'd like a new Hawk
recreational flying, but aren't interested in building a full kit - and
aren't interested in paying someone else to perform the maintenance and
annuals on your plane, this may be the Hawk for you.
a point of comparison, our standard Hawk Arrow II is sold as an
Experimental Amateur-Built kit. You are required to build at least 51%
of the kit for your own recreation or education. After the plane has
received its airworthiness certificate, you can do all the maintenance
on the plane - and as the builder, you can be issued a maintenance
certificate by FAA, which allows you to do the annual condition
- Our SLSA and ELSA Hawks are available with three engine options:
- The 65hp Rotax 582 two-stroke engine.
- The 60hp HKS 700E four-stroke engine (our favorite!).
- The 80hp Rotax 912 four-stroke engine.
Basic Aircraft Standard Equipment:
- 3-Position wing flaps (not flaperons)
- Full dual controls
- Curved overhead spar carry-throughs increases headroom by 3” in both front and back seats
- Heavy-duty fiberglass landing gear legs
- Your choice of tail-dragger with steerable tail wheel, or tricycle gear with steerablenosewheel
- Rough terrain wheels - 16" x 6.5" x 6".
- Streamlined auminum wing struts
- Streamlined landing gear fairings
- Two five-gallon wing tanks - 11 gallon total fuel capacity
- Anodized tubing
- Folding tail
- Dacron sailcloth covering
- Hydraulic Brakes
- Electric Start
Hawk SLSA with Rotax 582........$47,995.00 Plus Delivery
- Airspeed Indicator
- Dual EGT
- Water Temperature Gauge (on Rotax 582)
- Oil Temperature (on HKS 700E and Rotax 912)
- Oil Pressure (on HKS 700E and Rotax 912)
Other instrument and avionics packages are available. Also available with a ballistic parachute option.
Call or email for details.
Hawk SLSA with HKS-700E........$49,995.00 Plus Delivery
Hawk SLSA with Rotax 912........$57,995.00 Plus Delivery
The Hawk ELSA is available as a full kit, ready-to-fly, or anywhere in between. Price varies depending on degree of completion. Call or email for a quote.