CGS AVIATION HAS BEEN SOLD
GO TO MAIN PAGE FOR DETAILS
Hawk SLSA & ELSA
What Light Sport was Meant to Be.
- TheHawk Arrow II SLSA is our factory-built model, based on our proven popular CGS Hawk Arrow II. Since 1992 the Arrow II has been used for two place training and recreational flying. Now, with the Light Sport Aircraft rules in the U.S., our SLSA is the economical option for flight training or fun flying.
- Our Hawk Arrow II ELSA is the same airplane as the SLSA, except certified as an experimental aircraft. What this means is, while the aircraft cannot be used for compensation or hire (flight training), it can be delivered in any state of completion, from a full kit to a ready-to-fly craft. You can perform all your own maintenance, and you can also take a 16 hour class, and be certificated as a Light Sport Repairman with an Inspection rating. With this rating you can perform the condition inspections (annuals) yourself. If you'd like a new Hawk for recreational flying, but aren't interested in building a full kit - and aren't interested in paying someone else to perform the maintenance and annuals on your plane, this may be the Hawk for you.
- As a point of comparison, our standard Hawk Arrow II is sold as an Experimental Amateur-Built kit. You are required to build at least 51% of the kit for your own recreation or education. After the plane has received its airworthiness certificate, you can do all the maintenance on the plane - and as the builder, you can be issued a maintenance certificate by FAA, which allows you to do the annual condition inspections yourself.
- Our SLSA and ELSA Hawks are available with ONE engine option:
- The 65hp Rotax 582 two-stroke engine.
Basic Aircraft Standard Equipment:
- 3-Position wing flaps (not flaperons)
- Full dual controls
- Curved overhead spar carry-throughs increases headroom by 3” in both front and back seats
- Heavy-duty fiberglass landing gear legs
- Your choice of tail-dragger with steerable tail wheel, or tricycle gear with steerablenosewheel
- Rough terrain wheels - 16" x 6.5" x 6".
- Streamlined auminum wing struts
- Streamlined landing gear fairings
- Two five-gallon wing tanks - 11 gallon total fuel capacity
- Anodized tubing
- Folding tail
- Dacron sailcloth covering
- Hydraulic Brakes
- Electric Start
Hawk SLSA with Rotax 582........$39,995.00 Plus Delivery
Hawk SLSA with HKS 700E $49,995.00
Hawk SLSA with Rotax 912 (Currently not available)
The Hawk ELSA is available as a full kit, ready-to-fly, or anywhere in between. Price varies depending on degree of completion. Call or email for a quote.
- Airspeed Indicator
- Dual EGT
- Water Temperature Gauge (on Rotax 582)
Other instrument and avionics packages are available. Also available with a ballistic parachute option.
Call or email for details.